Evaluation of successful Employee Wellness Programs has revealed several key Employee Wellness Plan strategies to increase Employee Wellness Plan effectiveness and impact overall Soldier health.
Strategy #1: Communication with leadership is essential
- Assess leadership priorities.
- Report Employee Wellness Plan outcomes back to leadership in a timely manner.
Strategy #2: Employee Wellness Plan planning must be driven by data.
- Determine specific needs of the target population.
- Focus on the health status of the population as a whole to establish the
top health concerns.
- Data should drive decisions regarding which health needs should be addressed
Strategy #3: Use electronic data collection and reporting as often
- Centrally collected data in an electronic format is essential for determining
population health needs.
- Electronic reporting is also very valuable when communicating Employee Wellness
Plan outcomes to leadership and other stakeholders.
- Flexible reporting capabilities allow data to be presented as information
that can support decision-making, in formats that decision-makers prefer.
Strategy #4: Multidisciplinary collaboration enhances staff member
health and maximizes available resources.
- Collaboration between health disciplines increases effectiveness of Wellness
and preventive medicine interventions.
- Don’t forget to look outside the corporation for collaboration partners.
- Optimized Employee Wellness Plan outcomes can be reached by coordinating
the activities of medical consultants, cadre, community agents, and funding
- Bundling services together also provides the additional benefit to units
by conserving training and mission time.
- Implementing these strategies can improve Employee Wellness Plan effectiveness
and optimize available resources.