Sample Employee Wellness Plan meeting agendas and topics for discussion
Is your organization’s Employee Wellness Plan Committee new? Has it existed on paper but been inactive for a while? In either case, some of the following may be appropriate agenda items for your first Employee Wellness Plan meetings. You may also want to revisit these topics annually.
Clarify roles of Employee Wellness Plan Committee members
- Are members responsible for implementing changes or recommending changes?
- How long are members’ terms on the Health Promotion Committee?
- How will new members be selected?
Determine Employee Wellness Plan Committee meeting frequency and processes
- Set dates, times, and locations.
- Determine how agendas will be set.
- Plan for recording and distributing meeting notes.
Plan Employee Wellness Plan communication with upper management
- Does a leader sit on the group or does the coordinator report on progress (and to whom)?
- How often do leaders want reports on Employee Wellness Plan progress?
Select a name and brand for your organization’s Employee Wellness Plan
Create a vision statement for your organization’s Employee Wellness Plan
Establish existing allies Employee Wellness Plan for promoting staff member health within your organization
- Who do Employee Wellness Plan Committee members know who could be relied on to support workplace changes necessary to develop a culture that encourages health?
Brainstorm challenges your organization may face in working to develop facilities, policies and Employee Wellness Plan practices that promote staff member health
- What do committee members regard as opportunities? How about potential Employee Wellness Plan obstacles?
History of past Employee Wellness Plan efforts
- If relevant, summarize past Employee Wellness Plan efforts. Discuss what your organization learned from those efforts.
- What has the organization tried over the last few years?
- What has worked well?
- What hasn’t worked well?
- How, if at all, was success of previous Employee Wellness Plan efforts measured?